Social media has transformed our marketing in so many ways. Facebook has been rated the best return on investment by 95% of social media marketers. We live in a world where everybody works on the internet daily or uses their cell phones as a convenient way to communicate, market, and advertise. That is where marketing on social media comes in handy for most businesses of today.
Facebook is the go-to platform for social media advertising
- Cost effective returns – For starters, Facebook is the most cost-effective way to market your company and still communicate your message to your target market. In essence, you will be able to increase your following and spend next to nothing doing it.
- Quick setup process and fast results – Did you know that it takes about 10 minutes to setup a Facebook campaign? It saves you a lot of time and you get fast results that optimise your marketing efforts greatly.
- Reach your perfect target audience – An average person spends close to 50 minutes on Facebook every day. With Facebook adverts, you will have a great opportunity to reach every single one of them. Facebook target audiences are very customisable, making it possible to target your audience based on their interests, demographics, location, actions, engagement, and much more.
- New features every month – Facebook has updated so many features, it’s hard to keep up! They have made updates, such as live video updates, a Messenger application, Instagram Stories and improved advert reporting. This means that you have an increased number of tools and tactics to reach your target audience.
- Facebook ad campaigns are easily customisable – Facebook adverts are easily customisable whenever, wherever, saving you time and money. You can customise every element of your Facebook design, including your campaign objective, target audience, bidding, and delivery optimisation.
- Tight control over your daily budget – You have complete control over your Facebook advertising budget. Even if you have a very tight budget, you can increase your client base and sales. If you have strategic advertising in place, you can spend minimal money and receive maximum profits.
The possibilities are endless with Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular websites on the internet. With over a billion monthly active users, Facebook is the second most visited website on the internet (behind Google). All those users will mean that your ads will never go unnoticed. Besides its large number of users, Facebook boasts a wide range of benefits.
- Increased exposure to potential clients – Research shows that there are about 1.19 billion users that use Facebook on a daily basis. Having your business advertised on Facebook will definitely give you exposure every day. That means you have the possibility to reach all of those daily Facebook users and spark their interest in your brand.
- Gathering leads – Having your business on Facebook is a great way to market as it allows you to build a long term business that is sustainable. You can build a connection with your potential clients on Facebook as they will contact you if they really like what they see. Facebook allows you to gather leads in the form of your email address or contact numbers.
- Lower marketing expense – Facebook saves you money when it comes to your marketing costs, unlike traditional marketing methods, such as flyers, posters, catalogues, and brochures. Starting a Facebook page costs you R0. Facebook will only start to charge you once you start paying for ads. However, the cost of this is exponentially lower than any flyer or brochure you decide to print.
- Facebook Insights – Some of us can admit that numbers scare us, however, Facebook Insights has created stats that are easy to understand. Facebook Insights include how many likes you have, the reach of your posts and page, engagement of the page, post performance, shares of your page, and much more. This data enables you to determine what type of content is working for your brand and what is actually doing harm in the form of your followers unfollowing your page. You can find out what specific posts are performing, the demographics of your fans, the best time of day to post, etc.
- Building brand loyalty – Besides Facebook being a place to sell your products, you can build loyalty towards your brand. Brand loyalty can be achieved if you constantly provide your followers with entertaining content, valuable and useful facts about your products, and recent updates on everything that is going on in your business (to name a few). If your followers see that you are being active and responsive on Facebook, they are more likely to do business with you than a company that has a poor Facebook presence.
- Increase your website traffic – A smart Facebook user would use their Facebook page to direct traffic to their website. Research suggests that if you are only posting on Facebook in the hopes of receiving engagements, you are just an entertainer. The best way to start becoming a marketer is by using links to drive traffic through to your website so that people can view more information there. The best thing about using links is that Facebook generates a thumbnail image of your website link. This makes your links more eye catching when your Facebook users are scrolling down their news feed.
- Mobile ready – A large amount of people have access to Facebook with their mobile phones. As this trend grows, it becomes more important for your business to have an active presence on Facebook. When people view your Facebook page on a mobile device, it shows your hours of operation, your address, reviews, and mobile number to call directly from the Facebook mobile app.
- Keep an eye on your competition – Facebook has a new feature where you can keep track of your competitors. This does not mean that you can see their sales or the results of their ads, but it’s a great way to see how others in your area and industry are growing on Facebook. Just under your cover photo, you can select the “Pages to Watch” option and you are ready to start keeping tabs on your competition.
To sum it all up
You have all the reasons to start building your own Facebook page, where you can start seeing immediate results, at absolutely no cost at all. You just need to be hands on and stay active on your page. At Cognite, we know that it can be a timely process to stay active on your Facebook page when you have many roles and responsibilities. We offer content marketing services that can be tailored to your specific needs. We will position you as an industry leader, you will gain new sales through your shared knowledge, and your SEO rankings will be optimised through regular posting.