Frequently Asked Questions
- Brand Recognition: A logo serves as the visual representation of a business and plays a crucial role in establishing brand recognition. A well-designed logo creates a memorable and unique identity for a business, making it easier for customers to recognize and recall the brand in a crowded marketplace. Consistent use of a logo across various marketing channels helps reinforce brand recognition and build trust with consumers.
- Professionalism and Credibility: A professionally designed logo portrays a sense of professionalism and credibility. It demonstrates that a business takes its brand image seriously and invests in presenting a polished and cohesive identity. A visually appealing and well-crafted logo can instill confidence in customers, making them more likely to perceive the business as trustworthy and reliable.
- Differentiation and Competitive Edge: In competitive industries, a professionally designed logo helps a business stand out from the competition. A unique and creative logo can differentiate a brand from others in the market, making it more memorable and enticing to potential customers. By capturing the essence of a business’s values, products, or services in a visually appealing way, a logo helps create a distinct brand identity.
- Effective Communication: A logo has the power to communicate a business’s core values, personality, and positioning in a concise and visual manner. Through the use of color, typography, symbols, and imagery, a well-designed logo can evoke emotions, convey the desired brand message, and resonate with the target audience. It acts as a powerful tool for communicating the essence of a brand without relying solely on words.
- Versatility and Consistency: A professionally designed logo is created with versatility in mind. It should work well across different mediums and applications, such as websites, social media profiles, business cards, signage, packaging, and advertising materials. A logo should maintain its integrity and legibility, regardless of the size or context in which it is used. Consistent and cohesive branding, anchored by a well-designed logo, helps create a strong and unified brand presence.
Our first concepts are sent to you within 1 to 2 business days, depending on our internal revisions of concepts. The overall time it can take to finalize a logo design depends on the accuracy of the brief, how quick you give feedback and how focused the feedback is. Our logo designs generally take between 1 day and 7 business days to reach final sign off. Giving us a more comprehensive logo design brief will allow us to complete your project faster. Not sure what you like? Look at these logo design examples for ideas.
It depends which logo design option you go with. It ranges from 2 sets of 2 logos each (4 total) to 3 sets of 2 logos each (6 total).
The purpose of the revision limit is to add additional focus onto the design process. Having constraints adds to the quality of logo concepts as well as the quality of the design feedback. We do understand that you need options and that logo design is an organic process.
We do also need to add a limit to the amount of designs to keep the project scope feasible. If you have reached your revision limit then additional sets can be purchased. Within our Marketing Retainers there are no limits on revisions.
Yes, we can take your current logo and update the colors, style and typography to freshen it up, based on your personal taste and brand positioning. We’ll give you an upgrade quotation based on the complexity of the new version that you are looking for.
We would need you to complete our Creative Brief questionnaire. The creative brief includes a few questions about your company, your target market and personal preferences. That’ll help us to create a relevant first set of logos which you can give feedback on. A designer will give you a call to go through the creative brief with you. That’ll allow us to make sure that we understand what you meant with the information provided.
Yes, we offer a logo recreation service. The end product of the service would be a high resolution vector version of your current logo. You can then send it to signage companies or anyone that needs to manufacture large scale printing. A quotation for the recreation would be based on the complexity of the original design. Your printer company can contact our logo designers if they have a technical requirement.
You’ll receive the original source files, a print-ready PDF in vector format for large scale printing, JPG files for general use and a PNG file with a transparent background. You can request other formats and we can see if we can export them for you. Generally you’ll only need the ones that we export by default.
It is a good idea to have a proper logo designed if:
- You have no logo. A logo is an important visual pointer to what you offer.
- You made your logo yourself through an online logo making website. These logos are not unique and sold to multiple companies across the world. Copyright infringement and the lack of trademarking could have a significant impact on your marketing campaigns. Going cheap is almost guaranteed to work out expensive later. Give your company its own look, its own voice.
- Your logo has been created in MSWord, Powerpoint, MSPaint for your company when it was starting off. The logo would likely be low resolution and not usable for large size printing. You need a vector version of your logo with proper color management.
- Your logo does not properly depict what you do or it may give a wrong impression of what you are doing. Do not pigeon hole yourself or be vague.
- You had your logo for a long time and you need a fresh design. You can keep the current character of your logo, but add a bit of fresh flair into it.
We do not design in Powerpoint, MSWord and Publisher. We use the Adobe suite of applications. You’ll receive your source file in either Indesign or Illustrator formats, depending on which application we used. If you have those applications then you can definitely edit your logo.
Meet some of the brands that we have worked with.
How did others experience Cognite?
“Cognite listens well and delivers at the pace I work with! Well done!”
Nomvula Kungwane, Khweza Engineering Projects Construction
“Thanks so much for great service, no, excellent service, the professional manner it was handled,
the courtesy to let me know what will work and what not.”
Suzette Truter – CieSoft
“Cognite has understood my needs, my vision, and made it reality,
while guiding me through the whole design process.”
Cecil de Jongh, Soco Dance Studios
“We cannot express how pleased we are with the level of professionalism,
creativity, level of service and end results that was delivered.”
Nosipho, Interactive Research And Development SA
“Thank you so much for all the hard work. I thought I could design my own brand logo
until you showed me what you propose and it completely blew my mind.”
“Thanks Cognite for the amazing service; helpful advice and excellent customer service!”
Esta Rademeyer, ABC Personnel
“My experience with Cognite has been outstanding.
It could be the best I’ve received from any of our service providers to date.”
Leroy, Geeks N Nerds Records
“Cognite was just phenomenal in handling my needs.
Very efficient, communicates timeously and excellent turnaround time.”
Zuza Ndlovu, Cafe Afromeat